~ Update: 23 June 2020
The Call Committee is currently working on the first two steps in the Call Process:
The Survey Results have been compiled. Please click here to read the results.
The Call Process
Once the Call Committee was formed, they were able to start working through the process.
- Update the congregational profile. This document is basically a ‘sales pitch’ to prospective pastors. It highlights all the wonderful programming Mount Olivet has to offer.
- Ask the congregation what they would like to see in the new Pastor. The congregation fills out a survey, results are compiled, and that important information is added to the congregational profile.
- Send the completed congregational profile to the Synod. It will take the synod at least a month to compile a list of possible pastoral candidates. Ask the congregation for candidate suggestions as well
- Review resumes of prospective candidates. Schedule interviews with the top five or so candidates based on resumes and recommendations from the Synod and congregation.
- Conduct interviews.
- Narrow choices down to two or three candidates based on interviews and background checks. Schedule second interviews.
- Conduct second interviews. Choose the person the call committee feels will best serve the needs of our congregation.
- Schedule a congregational meeting. The congregation will be given a three week notice prior to the meeting where they will vote on whether or not to call the Pastor chosen by the Call Committee
- If the congregation votes “yes”, then Mount Olivet will “call” that person to serve. They have four weeks to accept or reject the call.
- The new Pastor accepts the call and comes to Mount Olivet to begin ministry.
Refer to the Synod Call Process Manual or contact a Committee Member for more information (see below).
Please contact a committee member if you have any questions or candidate suggestions. Please send an e-mail to the church office and your message will be forwarded to the person you have named.
The voting members of the Committee are:
- Carol Burton
- Théo Charette (Chair)
- Roy Craigen
- Kristine Hogan
- Andrew Jaehn
- Keven McGhan
- Lisa Smith (Secretary)