Born and raised in Estevan Saskatchewan, I was introduced to bible camps at a young age, when my mother was the Music leader at Camp Kinasao when I was 8 years old. I am a lover of music, and play the drums, a bit of piano and I sing. I love to be around people and learned that I could use my skills and talents to minister to those around me. In 2001 I attended CLBI in Camrose Alberta where I learned to grow with God in ministry. In 2003 I joined ‘Youth Encounter’ and together with a team of 5 other young adults, spent a year on the road performing throughout North Western U.S. I then went on to Rocky Mountain College in Calgary where I continued to follow my passion of music.
Whether it was singing, playing the piano or banging on a drum, I have learned the importance of sharing the gift of music.
I met my wife Sarah (a Grade 2 School teacher) back in 2005 and we were married in September of 2009 out at the camp we met at; Hastings Lake Lutheran Bible Camp. I worked as a camp leader out there for 3 years, before becoming the Camp Director for an additional 2 years. After my time at Hastings I moved over to Camp Kuriakos in Sylvan Lake, to play the role of the Assistant Program Director.
I’ve always found huge importance in camp ministry and youth ministry. I think that everyone should know they are loved for who they are, rather than who they think they need to be. Although I work with the musicians, the children’s ministry and the young adults, here at Mount Olivet my area of expertise is with the Youth.
- I love London Fog’s from Second Cup, and Dinosours (from Costco)
- I love playing Frisbee, and have an obsession of buying them so I can make sure everywhere I visit has a frisbee to play with.
- I love music, and own about about 8 drums currently… not to mention have a keyboard, guitar and a Ukulele.
- I’m the oldest of 4 and have 6 nieces and 3 nephew’s.
- I love to travel and have been to Africa, Australia, Mexico and most of the United States and Canadian provinces.
- In the last 4 years I’ve discovered I’m gluten and dairy intolerant and since the change in diet have felt better than I’ve ever felt in life.
- I bleed Rider Green whether they are winning or losing.
I’ve been a camp leader, camp director, chicken farmer, police car washer, A&W Fry master, Coal miner, parts driver, band mate and much more…. and through all of this I’ve been a disciple of Jesus Christ!
Therefore, since we are surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.