I’ve been at Mount Olivet Lutheran Church in Sherwood Park since 2010.
My ministerial career began back in 1999. I was first called to Redeemer Lutheran Church in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
I attended Mount Royal University in Calgary and The Lutheran Theological Seminary in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
I’ve also been part of the Strathcona County Ministerial Group in Sherwood Park and The Nutana Park Ecumenical Group in Saskatchewan.
Prior to my ministerial calling I worked in broadcast communication in various radio stations, as a writer/producer/announcer for over 15 years.
Special achievements I’ve received have been, the CLIO AWARDS which recognizes innovation and creative excellence in advertising, design and communication as well as New York Festivals and Soundcraft awards for advertising excellence.
I’m happily married to my wife Susan for the past 33 years. We have 2 grown children that presently live in Saskatchewan.
- In addition to my ministerial duties I can also be seen on the roof top checking for leaks and/or retrieving lost balls for the youth.
- Spreading de-icer on the parking lot and sidewalks for the safety of our parishioners.
- I have been called a man of many talents, including “Games Show” host or “Auctioneer” in my cream and gold tuxedo.
- My alter ego is portrayed as the “Worshipping” “Know-it-all” Rev. Sherbert.
- I love the Sunday morning “Bucket” surprises, which really stump the pastor very, very often.
All the “accomplishments” listed here pale in comparison to my identity as a loved and baptized child of God.